Entomology (Study of Bugs)/House spiders

Question
Hi!
I have 2 house spiders inside my apartment, which are barn funnel weavers I think (they are brown with some lighter brown on the back, build fuzzy(?) webs and I live in Ontario). I have accidentally vacuumed their main web(s). My question is: is there a way for me to bring them someplace in my apartment and encourage them to build a web there by creating optimal conditions? I have some pests coming in and I would like them to eat them. Also, I'm very happy with them being there but I also don't want a large amount of spiders. They looked physically the same to me but I don't know if they are male and female or not. They didn't seem in competition with one another and lived in the same area. Does this species breed a lot? Should I keep only one to be sure? Thank you so much!

Answer
Laurence:

I chuckled a little at your question, and I have some easy answers for you.

1) Male and female spiders can be distinguished in the fact that males have a set of appendages called palps on either side of their mouth area.  These palps resemble a small pair of extra legs.  The females have palps, but they are very small.  Males and females aren't necessarily territorial.

2) I'm not too much an expert on their mating habits, but most spiders only produce a few sets of eggs each year.

3) If you are set on keeping these, I'd only keep one.  However, be aware that they won't necessarily stay in the same place.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Nathan Riggs