Entomology (Study of Bugs)/is this a kissing bug?

Question
bug1
bug1  

bug2
bug2  

One night in mid June, these buggers have just swarmed our house.  We live next to the river and wildlife area in West Sacramento, CA and there were probably hundreds of these bugs that jumped onto our patio,  window screens, and a lot actually made it into our house, hiding in the curtains.  My biggest worry is that these are kissing bugs.  These are about 1cm long. Should I be concerned about these bugs making it into my home, or are they just friendly seasonal visitors?

Answer
Kateryna,

No this is not the kissing bug. Kissing bugs are much larger as adults (~1") and have a long cone-shaped head. I'm not even sure that this genus occurs as far north as Sacramento. These are another true bug (Hemiptera) but I can't see them clearly enough to id further. Given the number of bugs you are seeing they are probably a plant feeding species. Predators, like kissing bugs, generally do not occur in large numbers.

Jack DeAngelis  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis