Entomology (Study of Bugs)/little brown beetles

Little Brown Beetle
Little Brown Beetle  
Ok so I am being swarmed by these little things and they are tiny. When I kill them they stink like crazy. What are they and how can I get rid of them. They are constantly landing on me and my kids and I need them gone they are in my bedroom, bathroom, and other areas around my house. they are a huge problem. Can you help me? I live in Delphi, Indiana USA

I can't see much detail but these look like one of the beetles that infest non-perishable stored foods like dry pet food or cereals. I've not heard of them having an odour however. Can you describe how they smell? Check in areas where foods are stored, or might have spilled, and you may uncover the source. Post a follow if you have more information.

Jack DeAngelis  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

see www.livingwithbugs.com/resume.html

Ph.D. in Entomology