Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Really scared of bed bugs and scarred

Question
Bug next to penny
Bug next to penny  

Close up of the bug
Close up of the bug  
I saw this speck moving on the top of my bed. It is brownish, flat and tiny (1mm). Could this be a bed bug? I've looked all over my bed, bed frame and mattress. I can't seem to fine any bed bugs...I'm very worried.. So is this possibly a bed bug?

Answer
Hi Jess
This is a harmless beetle not a bedbug. If you have bedbugs you will have bites. This beetle looks like one on the pantry pests that get into foods on the cupboard. Check your cereals and dried foods in the kitchen. If you see any bugs thing let me know. These beetles are not usually in bedrooms. Stop worrying

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz