Entomology (Study of Bugs)/red spiders inside the house

Question
I have seen many of the same type of red spider (usually dead because I am not a "friendly to insects hostess) and regularly spray around the house. SO I find these red spiders, body about 1/4 to 3/8 inch long. legs and body red. really haven't picked them up to look closely.
Someone said and colored spiders are poison so it really freaked me out.
I have about a zillion little red spider mites on the rocks around the house outside - are these bigger spiders the grown up version of the little mini spiders? Thank you for any help.

Answer
Linda:

Without seeing at least an image of the spider in question, I can't really help you.  I will say that the only spider that comes to mind that might fit your description is this one:

http://www.spiders.us/guide/species/dysdera-crocata/

They are not harmful but admittedly they do look menacing.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton