Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Small black and brown bugs

Question
Bug 1
Bug 1  

Bug 2
Bug 2  
I recently moved into a one-year-old building.  We have one dog who is on preventative medicine for fleas.  We noticed small black/brown/light brown bugs near the window sill, in the carpet, and sometimes around the lights at night.  We have checked the dog for fleas, but we haven't been able to find any on him.  

The bugs appeared when it became warmer outside and we opened a window (with the screen shut).  We have never seen the bugs fly, but seeing them on the walls near the light (6 or 7 of them at most) makes us think they might be flying.  We now keep the windows shut, but the bugs are still in the carpet.  

Thank you in advance for your help!

Answer
Jocelyn:

These are Red Flour Beetles.  They infest dried foods usually stored indoors.  They are known to infest dried pet food, flour, pasta, boxed meals and cornmeal.

Look through your pantry and pet foods for signs of infestation.  Remove any foods that are infested.  Vacuum cracks and crevices in the pantry every couple of days for a week or two.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Nathan Riggs