Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny Tiny Bugs

A few days ago I noticed some very tiny bugs on the steps coming into my house. You can hardly see them on the wood, but if you put a piece of paper or your hand down they are crawling all over it.
I can not send a picture as it takes a magnifying mirror to see them.
The problem is that they are on me!!.  They crawl really fast all over me, I now have them in my hair, even after showering.
I don't know if they bite, sometimes I feel something but not sure
They are on my laptop (because I had it outside for a bit) the don't seem to leave the laptop, I don't know if they like the heat.

I have spayed with Raid a few times, it appears to kill the ones that are there, but more keep coming. I have vacuumed my laptop, none for a bit then they appear again

I don't know what else to tell you, hopefully you can help

These could have been mold mites, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/mold_mites.html. These tiny, white-tan mites feed on mold so can be common in damp, mold situations. The mites are harmless but may indicate a moisture problem especially if they occur indoors. The other mites that frequently enter homes are clover mites, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/clover_mite.html. These mites are brown/green and have very long front legs. They too are harmless. For either mite simple cleaning is the most effective treatment. In the case of mold mites eliminating the dampness and mold will make the mites go away as well.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

see www.livingwithbugs.com/resume.html

Ph.D. in Entomology