Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Unknown Bug

Question
bug
bug  

bug2
bug2  
Hi, thanks for putting your information on the AllExperts.com site so that people have a chance to email you their questions, i think that is very good of you..

I had a question about what kind of bug this is, and how i can fight it off ... Please see the attached pictures ..
It was found on my pillow case in the "Sewing Room" my grandmother has set up to store her fabrics in, so i assume that may have something to help determine what it is..

Answer
Nikk,

This is a beetle but not one commonly found indoors. My guess is it flew in through an open door or window. These are not harmful. If you start seeing more of them post a follow up and I'll track down a species name. If you take more pictures (or scans) you might take it out of the baggie (you can freeze it first) and include something that indicates size.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis