Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Aquatic Spider

Question
I have a spider living under water in my pool.  I have pics and video of it moving around at 6 inches to 2 feet of depth.  All of my quick internet research indicates that dive bell spiders are native to Europe and asia.  I am in Las Vegas.  Who should I contact about this?

Answer
Dean:

Without seeing at least an image of the creature, I cannot verify what you are observing.  It could easily be an aquatic insect of some kind, or a water mite, or even some kind of freshwater crustacean.

Fishing spiders (genus Dolomedes in the family Pisauridae) can dive underwater for brief periods, but must surface.  Diving is a last ditch attempt to avoid a potential predator.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton