Entomology (Study of Bugs)/basement bug ?

Chris wrote at 2013-07-01 20:08:00
Hey Laura

I would like say they Spring-tails these jumping insects do not bite or bother humans or large animals such as your pets.They are very hardy insect and move indoors to seek moisture.

More information about them at:

Then about the maggots I would recommend cleaning the food, water, and cage. I would also exchange automatic water and food dispensers for bowls so that you can clean them regularly and watch over the cleanliness of the area.

If you would like to do it yourself and treat both of these types of nuisance pests on your own.

Try them out:

I have used this source a lot over these summer months and would recommend them to anyone. I really dislike and avoid creepy pest control services and hefty costs. The site is simple, fast, and has cheap products.

I hope this helps your pest issue!

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ