Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Help, please I am freaking out

Bug picture
Bug picture  

bug picture
bug picture  
I am not sure what bug this is, but hope is not a bedbug...
I found it on my bedroom and I have seen one on my kitchen. I am attaching a picture. Note that are not precisely flat, but a little round shaped.

Thanks very very much

Hi, Silvia:

Relax, they are definitely *not* bed bugs....

This is at least the third question I have had in the last month that included images of "spider beetles."  Yours represents one of three possible species, either this one:

or one of these two:

They are harmless, but may occasionally infest stored foods in the pantry, especially flour and other grain-based substances.  It would be a good idea to check the cupboards for any potential sources of the beetles and discard the infested goods.

Store all vulnerable foodstuffs, including dry pet food, in glass, metal, or plastic containers with tight-fitting lids.  Cardboard boxes and plastic bags offer no barrier to stored product pests.

Please consider sending me these images, as I'd like to do a blog post about them that I can refer people to.  Thank you (bugeric24ATyahooDOTcom).

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.