Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Invading insects

Question
One is concerned that killing and/or crushing an insect may release pheromones that attract its fellows.  If this is so, can you please name some common insects that have this trait?

Thank you so much for your generosity.

Dale

Answer
Hi Dale
All insects have pheromones, but all pheromones do not have the same function. Ants have tracking pheromones but only the Queen has sex pheromones. Sex pheromones will draw members of the opposite sex and these pheromones will be effective over long distances but only for a short period of time. I doubt if crushed insects releasing sex pheromones has been the subject of any studies but due to the nature of Pheromones I do not believe crushing would not attract other insects

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz