Entomology (Study of Bugs)/kacadwell74@gmail.com

I started seeing these small brown bugs in my bedroom usually 2 or 3 a night. The looked kind of like a roach at first but moved very slow and. They were thinner than any roaches that I've seen. Then after a couple of days I noticed the were flying. And they fly very fast and good. Then they started shedding their skin and were dark Brown almost black and really deformed looking. Now the ones I'm seeing are getting larger and very aggressive fliers wanting to land on me or drop from the ceiling and on my bed. Still looking like a mutated flying roach. They have some sort of pattern on them now at this stage too with very long anttenas .the one that landed on me last night was the biggest yet and it was about 3x a regular roach size. They seem to appear between 10:00 pm and 2:00 am every night

If you can take some pics of these critters, it would help be begin to derive an ID for you.  You can reply to this answer and should be able to attach pictures.  If you can't attach to this website, my email is nlriggs92 @ yahoo . com and I would be more than happy to help you!

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Nathan Riggs

I currently live in San Antonio, TX and have expertise in identifying insects, many types of spiders, and other arthropod critters that infest lawns, ornamentals, structures, trees, pets and livestock. Mites are not a strong point of mine. I'm not a licensed doctor, so I cannot provide medical diagnosis of conditions possibly related to insects or other arthropods. If you've got an interesting photo for me to see, attach it to your question, or let me know and I'll give you my email so the picture will get to me. If you have hosted an insect photo on a website, please include the link so I can go look at it and provide a faster ID for you. You may also join my group page on Facebook and post your picture at www.facebook.com/groups/antmans.hill/.

22+ years' experience as an entomologist: 5 years as a biologist with Merck Animal Health (I was part of the R&D team that worked to develop FrontLine flea and tick products) and 7 years as an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Specialist in San Antonio, Texas with Texas Cooperative Extension.

Veterinary Parasitology, Southwestern Entomologist, San Antonio Express News, San Antonio Gardener Newsletter, Master Gardener SCION Newsletter, GardenStyleSA e-Newsletter

BS - Entomology from Texas A&M University in 1992.

Board Certified Entomologist, 1996-2000 - Medical and Veterinary Entomology Specialty (Entomological Society of America)

2000 Texas A&M University Vice Chancellor's Award in Excellence for leadership on the Texas Fire Ant Program Educational Team.