Entomology (Study of Bugs)/mystery insect - florida

today a bug landed in my car and I searched the internet for hours to find out what it is without sucess.
It can fly and its wings resemble that of a dragonfly.
Body looks like that of a walkingstick.
It has a very thin and long stinger.
It has claws like a scorpion. When I tried to get it out of my car it was quite agressive and used its scorpion claws for defense.
It has six legs. At first I thought it was a dragonfly, then I thought it was a walking stick. I regrett now that I didnt't catch it to make a photo. Please tell me what it is. I live in Florida and have never seen this kind before. Please tell me what it is.

Without an image it is difficult for me to draw any conclusions here.  The only possibilities that come to mind are waterscorpions, which are aquatic insects that can fly:

or "mole crickets":

I'm thinking it might be a mole cricket.  They are mostly nocturnal and subterranean, so not often seen.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.