Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Spider

I bet this spider is easy for you to ID :B I immediatly thought of the recluse spider but this one doesn`t have a violin mark, and even tho I know not all recluses have it, I still thought it could be something else.
It was missing legs, and when I tried to catch it it played dead very convincingly, twitching legs and all, then when I pressed it more, it went aggressive, rearing its forelegs and trying to look fierce.

I released it after taking some pics. What do you think?

Dear J. - Unfortunately, I cannot see enough diagnostic features (especially the eye pattern) to be confident of an i.d. on this one - I will just say at this time, that it might be in the family Tengellidae - see http://tinyurl.com/k9bcped for an example.

Sorry if I've fallen short of expectations,

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad

Will accept most questions in general entomology, including those related to medical entomology, taxonomy, ecology, arthropod surveillance, and pest management. If you are requesting a 'mystery bug' identification, PLEASE either attach an image to your question, or post an image on a web page (such as Flickr) so that I can look at it, as verbal descriptions frequently are insufficient for a definitive identification.

21 years in the U.S. Army as a medical entomologist; duties varied from surveillance of pest populations (including mosquitoes, cockroaches, ticks, and stored products pests) to conducting research on mosquito-virus ecological relationships and mosquito faunal studies. Ten years as a civilian analyst for the Department of Defense, primarily on distribution of vector-borne diseases worldwide. Limited experience on surveillance of agricultural insects in North Dakota and Indiana.

Entomological Society of America, West Virginia Entomological Society, Society for Vector Ecology, National Speleological Society, West Virginia Association for Cave Studies.

American Journal of Public Health, Contributions of the American Entomological Institute, Japanese Journal of Sanitary Zoology, Journal of Economic Entomology, Mosquito News, and Mosquito Systematics.

B.S. in entomology from North Dakota State University in 1963, M.S. in entomology from Purdue University in 1967.