Entomology (Study of Bugs)/spider babies

I saw cobwebs on a lamp that is kept on at all times, when I went to dust it there were tons of baby spiders on it! This is not the first time I've seen a baby spider on the lamp but I've never seen this many. I dust this lamp often. How can I find the mom, or get rid of them?

Hi Karen. The female has produced an egg sac somewhere nearby and you have seen the  spiderlings. They will disperse and most will no survive. Just vacuum them up. The female  is probably holed up somewhere. Spiders cannot be kept out of dwellings. House spiders are harmless.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ