Entomology (Study of Bugs)/spider babies

Question
I saw cobwebs on a lamp that is kept on at all times, when I went to dust it there were tons of baby spiders on it! This is not the first time I've seen a baby spider on the lamp but I've never seen this many. I dust this lamp often. How can I find the mom, or get rid of them?

Answer
Hi Karen. The female has produced an egg sac somewhere nearby and you have seen the  spiderlings. They will disperse and most will no survive. Just vacuum them up. The female  is probably holed up somewhere. Spiders cannot be kept out of dwellings. House spiders are harmless.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz