Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny Black Winged Bug!

I live in the central west coast of Florida.
And there are tiny round black bugs with wings in the bathroom. They're about the size of a pinhead, and are not fungus gnats, as I know what those look like. I notice them when I take a bath, they turn up floating in the water. Tonight, I saw one walking across the counter. I thought perhaps they come from me, but eh... the only place they could be is on my head, and I haven't seen any in my hairbrush.

Your description fits all manner of insects, so I cannot give you a proper answer, I'm sorry.

Florida also has far more diversity of insects than most other places in the USA, so location actually complicates things.

Take specimens (intact!) to a local entomologist at a museum, university, state department of agriculture, or even public health department.  He or she can then put the critters under a microscope and render a proper ID.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.