Entomology (Study of Bugs)/tiny moss green insect.

Question
Insect
Insect  
We live in York Region in Ontario, Canada. We have almost an infestation of these extremely tiny moss colored insects. this is the second year that we have had them in our home. (We live on a horse farm). they are everywhere. I am not sure if they fly.They are even to small to pick up and examine. When touched it curls up into a tiny ball so it actually almost looks like a mouse dropping. I photographed it beside my pinkie so that you have an idea how tiny it is.
Any information is greatly appreciated. thank you.

Answer
Dear Michael - This is a short-snouted/broad-nosed weevil (Coleoptera: Curculionidae; subfamily Entiminae). They typically feed on the edges of leaves, giving the leaves a characteristic 'notched' appearance; their larvae primarily are root feeders, and some, like the strawberry root weevil and the black vine weevil, can be serious pests. However, the vast majority (likely including yours) do not appear to be of any economic importance; here is one example - http://tinyurl.com/ooyz4ct

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad