Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Unidentified Bug

I found several of these unidentified insects on my ceiling and was worried it may be bedbugs. After some research it doesn't appear to be bedbugs but I would like an expert opinion. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Thank you for including the image with your question.  It is clear that the insect is a weevil of some kind (beetle family Curculionidae), maybe in the genus Conotrachelus :

Several kinds of weevils commonly fly to lights at night, and if you have an open door or window, or hole in your windowscreen, they will get in.

Weevils pose no health threat whatsoever.  You are not likely to see bed bugs by day, or at night with lights on.  Check mattress seams, under mattress buttons, behind the headboard if it is flush with the wall, and thoroughly inspect bedside furniture if you suspect bed bugs.  Do this routine every time you check into a hotel, motel, hostel, resort, cabin, dorm, or any other type of lodging where rooms have serial occupancy.

Unless you bring bed bugs home from traveling, you are not likely to have them in your home.  Multifamily housing presents the potential problem of *other* tenants accidentally bringing bed bugs in.

Hope this helps.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.