Entomology (Study of Bugs)/yellow jackets/hornets in a room

A live yellow jacket/hornet (can't tell the difference) was in a room in my house last week.  I killed it and now have found another in the same room.
How do I tell if I have a problem with these bees in my house and identify WHERE they're coming from?

Hi Andy
So far you have found two and they could have entered from the outside.  Wasps and hornets will sometimes nest in the walls if they find an outside entrance. If so they will be entering and leaving outside. If you see any more that may be the case and examining the outside of the house. I happened to me once where they were in the walls and entered the room through a small hole by an electrical outlet. They can  also nest in an attic.
I suspect what you have are Bald Faced hornets as Yellowjackets nest in the fround

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ