Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bugs

Question
I have seen bugs dead and alive in my bathtub.  They resemble pics of bed bugs.  Do bed bugs gather in wet places; can they come up from the drain? I've also seen a couple on the bathroom rug beside the tub.  

I live by a virtual bog that is very wet now because of heavy rain.

Thank you,

patricia

Answer
Hi Pat
Without a photo I cannot tell you what these are but I am sure they are not bedbugs. Bedbugs do not frequent wet places. hey hide in dark corners especially in bedroom where they they can get a meal. If you had bedbugs you would be getting bitten. If you can send me a photo I may be able to tell you what they are

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz