Entomology (Study of Bugs)/mystery pond bug egg cluster

sarah wrote at 2013-08-30 11:30:46
Yes I'm sure they're not seeds from the plant, they had already flowered and seeded for the year and the cluster was located right above the waterline on the reeds. They were attached to the reed by some really sticky stuff and where almost wrapped around the stem.  I totally forgot, I live in Jacksonville, NC not very far from New River, if that helps at all

sarah wrote at 2013-09-07 14:48:16
I did buy 2-3 mystery snails from petsmart about 2 months ago and I Google what you told me and yup found a picture of the eggs! Did even think of snails! I have some trapdoor snails and their eggs ate way different lol thank you for your help with this topic and sorry for giving you bum scoop on what u thought was bug eggs lol

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.