Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Forensic Entomology

I am a high school student doing a career project for a forensic science class. We are covering the topic of entomology and we would like to ask you questions in regard to that field. Your help would be greatly appreciated, but if you cant help us, please refer us to someone else.
Thank you.

I answer only one question at a time, so I am going to have to pass on this kind of an arrangement, sorry.

Penn State University does have an active forensic component to their entomology department, as far as I am aware:

Further, I do not hold a degree in entomology, so I am probably not the best one to be addressing academic questions.  Thank you for understanding.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.