Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Identify bug in bathtub

Bath Bug
Bath Bug  
Recently we've seen several of these bugs in the tub.  I thought they were silver fish but the images on the net don't seem to match it.  This last one was at 9:30 pm in the bathtub tonight. It crawls very fast.  We live in South Texas. Any ideas?

The insect in your image is an earwig, order Dermaptera, perhaps this one:

Earwigs are not dangerous.  They do not crawl into people's ears.  They are mostly scavengers and opportunistic predators on small insects.  Some species have wings and can fly well, others are wingless.  They are nocturnal.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.