Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Kissing bug

Question
Can the kissing bug(assassin bug)be found in Connecticut or live in Connecticut. I am just wondering because I heard there as been a surprising rise of the disease that the bug carries coming up in the U.S. and they can be found in the southern states. Just wondering if they can come this far north or is it to cold for the bug or they just have not been spotted in Connecticut yet. Thank you

Answer
Robert:

I just answered your question via the comments on my "Bug Eric" blog, but here I see you mean the Eastern Blood-sucking Conenose, Triatoma sanguisuga , in particular.  Yes, that species has been recorded from New England, but it is not common.  I'll do a blog post in the next few weeks explaining why the "kissing bugs" are not as problematic in disease transmission in the U.S.  You can sleep well, the likelihood of contracting Chagas Disease in Connecticut is very remote.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton