Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Mystery Bug

Question
Bug
Bug  

Bug
Bug  
We found this bug in Westminster, Colorado. It looks a bit like a dragonfly but also like a big wasp. I attached two photo's and I don't know how good they are, but I hope you can identify it. Thank you for your help.

Answer
Dear Kaylie and Bryenley - Unfortunately, your images are not clear enough for a positive identification. About all I can say is that it appears to be some kind of wasp in the family Ichneumonidae. This is a huge family containing thousands of species, all of which are parasitic on insects and other arthropods.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad