Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Solve This Mystery

Question
Just had my bed professionally treated for a minor bedbug infestation. Requested the couch be treated too because I was getting bitten on it as well. Exterminator gave it the all clear.
However,that evening I was still being bitten. Began examining the couch. Found a very large amount of black specks in one of the zippered cushions. They resembled black soot or granules.
I encased the cushion in plastic bags. Four days later there was barely any sign of these specks.

The specks were visual proof something was wrong. Exterminator doubted my word.

What could this have been? Why did they disappear? Should I be concerned?

Please help!!

Answer
  HI Linda
You should be concerned if you are still being bitten. Here is my question for you? Are you sure you had bedbugs. Did you see any or find blood spots on the sheets. If you still have bites and the answer is no to these questions have the bites checked out by a dermatologist. Bedbug bites are easily identified by a dermatologist. If the answer is yes then you should demand that the exterminator get rid of the bugs. I say these things because you cannot trust exterminators.They are not entomologists and most of them cannot tell one bug from another.
Since I cannot see the black granules I cannot tell you what they were nor what happened to them

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz