Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Many tiny dots around my bathroom sink

Question
Mites?
Mites?  

tiny
tiny  
I have been living in this house for over a year and recently notice tiny mite like bugs all over the bathroom sink, they are no where else around the house except for the bathroom. The sink is covered with them.

Answer
Hi Ethan
I cannot see any detail but insects in large numbers around sinks are usually Collembola or springtails. Springtails jump so if they jump they are collembola. If not they are the size of spider mites.  Wipe them up and be sure things are very dry. Collembola thrive in moist conditions. I they are mites and come back you will have to find out the source. Are there any on the bathroom window sill?

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz