Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Unidentifiable Insects

Question
BITES
BITES  
BITES
BITES  
QUESTION: How do I get help for biting pest that No One wants to admit exist.  I've had exterminators spray, parasitic research centers, hosp, doctors, specialists, CDC, foggers, home made sprays, you name it I've done it and or tried it.  I've just recently been able to close a hole in the top of my head that had been open for over 2 yrs with my PCP'S Help and parasitic antibiotics.  These insects look like specs of pepper, white slimy worms, gold looking tiny snails, white flying dust that I blow out of my nose, buffalo nats, nata, bot flies, too many to even list and NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME GET RID OF THESE BITING INFECTING LIFE THREATENING PESTS.  They even bite my dog.  IT'S HARD TO LEAVE YOUR HOME IF YOU HAVE NO WHERE TO GO ESPECIALLY WITH A DOG.  CAN YOU PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP ME.  TIRED OF BEING BITEN AND WALKING AROUND WITH SORES ALL OVER MY HEAD,ARMS, LEGS, BODY.  DESPERATE FOR ANSWERS AND HELP.  MY HOME PHONE IS:  and I live in GORE, OKLAHOMA.  NO ONE WILL HELP ME.  I've made some docs mad because I had to pay copays and they wouldn't even touch me or even check me out.  They treated me like I was a leper.  ONLY MY PCP HAS TRIED TO GET ME WELL AND THEY CAN'T EVEN IDENTIFY WHAT THIS BUG BITE IS THAT'S CAUSING ME TO HAVE PARASITIC IFECTIONS AND CAN'T EVEN IDENTIFY THE PARASITE ITSELF.  ONLY THAT THE BUG BITES ARE CAUSING ME SEVER LIFE THREATENING ISSUES.  I HAVE EVEN HAD TO DEAL WITH A STAFF INFECTION FROM THESE BUG BITES THAT ARE EVERYWHERE.  WOOD, STEEL, CLOTHES, CEMENT FLOOR, GLASS, EVEN IN MY FRIDGE.  THEY STICK TO EVERYTHING LIKE SUPER CLUE.  SOME OF THEM LOOK LIKE BIG GLOBS OF GROSS SLIM LOOKING TICKS OR FLEAS, OR SOME KIND OF BUG LIKE INSECT WITH LEGS AND SOME LIKE WORMS.  NO WHERE IS SAFE.  THEY EVEN GET IN MY TRUCK.  PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP ME.  I EVEN TRIED TO CONTACT, "MONSTERS INSIDE ME" BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO CONTACT THEM.  THESE BUGS STICK TO EVEN ZIP LOCK BAGS AND GET INTO PHOTO ALBUMS THAT HAVEN'T BEEN OPENED IN YEARS AND EVEN ONES THAT I'VE JUST LOOKED AT.  IT'S THE WORST NIGHTMARE AND SCARY THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.  YOU CAN NOT KILL THESE THINGS.  MICRO WAVE, FREEZING THEM. SUFFOCATING THEM, NOTHING IS WORKING.  GOD BLESS YOU AND MAY GOD KEEP YOU ALL SAFE.   GORE, OKLAHOMA 74435.

ANSWER: Ava:

Promise me that you will read my entire answer before thinking that I am dismissing your questions and concerns.  You must understand I am sympathetic to your plight and the extremes you have gone to for a resolution to this.  That said, here goes....

This is a classic case of a malady that goes by the unfortunate name of "delusory parasitosis," whereby a person PERCEIVES that insects or mites are biting them, crawling under their skin, or otherwise causing sensations and symptoms when no such organisms are present.

The diagnosis should NOT be interpreted as mental illness, that the person is "crazy," or otherwise has compromised mental faculties.  The sensations are real and should be interpreted as a physical manifestation of some physical nervous system disorder.

As luck would have it, I received in my in-box two links that pertain to this discussion:

http://www.morgellons.org/docs/Collembola.pdf

http://www.insectscience.org/9.03/i1536-2442-9-03.pdf

http://delusion.ucdavis.edu/delusional.html

I wish I had even more expertise in this matter because questions like yours cross my desk with some degree of frequency.  I am embarrassed that so many entomologists and dermatologists either ignore such requests or try to pacify them in a condescending manner.

Without seeing a specimen, or at least a clear image (no insects in the images you included here), I certainly can't conclude that an insect is even involved at all.

This is all I can offer at this time.  My sincerest best wishes for a good outcome to this.

Eric

New Pic
New Pic  

New Pic
New Pic  
QUESTION: THAT WAS MY FAULT.  SORRY.  HERE ARE SOME PICS WITH THE BUG ISSUES I'M DEALING WITH WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE BUG ITSELF.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE IT MEAN THE WORLD TO ME.  HOWEVER, I DISAGREE, ONLY, BECAUSE SOME OF THE BUGS HAD BEEN IDENTIFIED BY THE OSU PARASITIC RESEARCH CENTER.  SO, I'M SENDING YOU THE PICS I SHOULD'VE SENT TO U THE FIRST TIME.  PLEASE, LOOK AT THESE FOR ME.  GOD BLESS YOU AND THANK YOU AGAIN FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

Answer
Ava:

I can still barely tell what the insects are in the new image you sent, but it looks like the majority are midges of some kind (family Chironomidae or a related family).  They are definitely *not* parasitic on people.  They are mostly aquatic in the larval stage, living in the sediments in rivers and lakes.

I will stand by my initial answer, thank you.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton