Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Unknown 6cm larva, Lima, Peru

Question
Dear Dr. Riggs. Greetings from the DEEP south!  I include via link, two photographs (full body and mouth parts) of a BIG suprise I found today in a "trap" that I had placed in a "planter" on my terrace.  The "trap" had the purpose of harvesting E. F worms, but like the bass fisherman who ens up with a bull shark, I got a surprise.

Despite being frmo another continent, I thought to pass it on to you in case you had any interest at looking at it (I saw your earlier identification of a Hercules or Unicorn Beetle larva) and making any comment (here, or in the vermiculure group where I am known as "GRINCHOLO").

Either way, I hope you are having a good day!

Best wishes,
TN

LINK:   http://vermicomposters.ning.com/forum/topics/what-cocoon-is-this?commentId=20941

Answer
Trevor:

Thanks for your question!

This is definitely a scarab beetle larva...it looks to be about half grown on the way to pupating to the adult stage.  I can't give you an exact species determination.  It could be one of the Hercules beetles or could be a June beetle larva.

The other larva looks like one of the predaceous beetle larvae.  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Nathan Riggs