Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Big black nasty spider

Question
Big blackish spider
Big blackish spider  
QUESTION: Hi Walter,

What IS this thing?? It's at least 3" of blackish disgustingness. In Georgia.

Thank you!
Niki

ANSWER: This is a harmless wolf spider Niki

QUESTION: Hi Walter,
Thank you for your incredibly fast response. After doing some research (there was no way I was going to bed before finding out what this is!), I believe it is Kukulcania hibernalis, a crevise spider, also called southern house spider. At least that's what I found. Thanks again!

Niki

Answer
To identify spiders to a species I would have to see the eye pattern and other details and actually examine rhe live species. From a photo I have to base my judgement on the size, pattern and body form. I also have to consider the area where they are found. Considering these factors I feel that this resembles a Wolf Spider I would need further evidence that this a crevice spider
At any rate crevice spiders are also harmless  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz