Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bites on toddler only after using bathroom

Question
My 2 yr old grandson gets 1 bite on the back of his leg/buttock with a huge welt that is red and hot and itchy when he uses his little potty chair on the floor. It is disinfected everyday. This has happened 3 times in 1 week. The bite is almost flat the next day but leaves a slightly dark circle and slight bruise. Benedry is given and cortisone cream applied for itch. The only bugs I have ever seen in there are these very tiny almost not visible bugs that come out from under the toilet and crawl on the floor but never out more than a couple of inches away. I have only seen 10 of them at a time and are not anywhere near his potty chair. No one else has been bitten.

Answer
Dear Linda - I hesitate even to guess as to what might be the cause of these marks; I can only suggest that the child be examined by a pediatrician for a medical opinion. There is a possibility that contact dermatitis rather than a bite may be involved.
Sincerely,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad