Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bug identification

Question
Bug Identification?
Bug Identification?  

Bug Identification?
Bug Identification?  
Hi Ed. I cam to you for bugs before. I found a bug recently chilling on a brick wall of a McDonalds on the outside. Thank god it was not inside. But it was like a black and white and had a strange design on it's back. It looks like it has wings but not sure. It also looks as if it has 2 little horns or antlers, not sure which they are. I can see what also llooks like 2 little legs, one on each side. We stayed inside and ate our McDonalds meal to kill time and came back out about 30 minutes later and it was still there just, well, sitting there. So I live in the state of Connecticut if it helps at all. Got 2 pictures I took. One with flash and the other without. We spotted it at dusk. Like it was not very dark but getting there.

Answer
Dear Douglas - This is a lappet moth (Lepidoptera: Lasiocampidae) known as the large tolype moth (Tolype velleda). Its caterpillar (see http://tinyurl.com/nb8uuf3 for an image) feeds on the foliage of a wide variety of deciduous trees, but does not appear to be a serious pest. See http://tinyurl.com/pe9txfs for images and more information.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad