Entomology (Study of Bugs)/BW spider

Question
I would very much like your comment on my experience with a  BW spider, as related below.

When I was a teenager living in Utah, I awoke early one morning, and was suddenly wide awake. I rolled over and turned on the lamp next to my bed. I then saw a BW spider that was suspended about 1 ft. above where my head was.  This situation has troubled me ever since because I have never awoke and be wide awake, before or after this incidence. I therefore had attributed this to a friendly spirit or possibly to ESP. However, when I related this story to a friend recently, it crossed my mind that it might be that I sensed a pheromone or other odor coming from the spider since it was so close to my face.  Also, could this spider, that was hanging from the ceiling, sense the heat from my head and so descended down toward me?

Jerry

Answer
Jerry:

BW spiders are not attracted to humans and they cannot detect body heat or are attracted to body heat.  They prefer to hide in corners, under things and in clutter.

As to your other experience, I have no idea. All I can relate is what I know about black widow spiders.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Nathan Riggs