Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Identification

unknown insect
unknown insect  
ok. thank you so much for being online. i have a bug i need identified so i can find out if it's native to my area or not. i've included a picture. i'm guessing i can just google for info on the bug once you've named it for me. but if you know where it's native habitat is, please let me know. thanks again!

Hi Julia
his is a long horned Beetle from the Family Cerambycidae. From the photo I cannot tell you what species this but it looks like one of the boring beetles.The larvae bore into tree trunks. These beetles are found throughout North America and Native to Mich. it is not an invasive species

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ