Entomology (Study of Bugs)/what insect is this?

Question
insect
insect  

insect image
insect image  
The insect is about 5mm in length.ovoid shape shield/shell.sometimes the worm head will appear out of its shield like how a tortoise does and when you are nearby it,it hides itself within the shield again.the shell is usually greyish white,sometimes darker in colour.please help.

Answer
Carmen,

This is called a plaster bagworm and is a type of clothes moth. The larva lives inside the sac that it makes from bits of fabric. They can damage natural fibres (silk, wool) but are otherwise harmless. See http://www.livingwithbugs.com/clothes_moth.html for general information about clothes moths.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis