Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Spider Identification

Question
Spider 1
Spider 1  

Spider 2
Spider 2  
I found this spider under my children's swing set and just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything to worry about.  We have a ton of wolf spiders in our backyard, but this one I haven't seen before.  My apologies for the poor pictures, it was dark and my camera flash made everything a tad blurry.  Thanks very much for your help!

Answer
David,

The images are a bit too blurry to use. However, since the vast majority of spiders are harmless I think it is safe to assume that this one is harmless as well. The only venomous species in your area (parts of Illinois) that might be found in this type of habitat is the brown recluse (see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/brown_recluse_spiders.html) and at least in these photos this does not look like that spider. If you get a clear picture of the top of the spider I'd be glad to take another look.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis