Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Unidentified Bug

Question
bug
bug  

bug2
bug2  
I found this bug in my home and I cannot figure out what it is and if it harmful. I live in Pittsburgh, Pa. The bug is black in color with a beige or tan color hair or fur on it. It is about 1/2 cm long. I found it already dead thinking it could be because I had just used foggers in my apartment because I was getting bit by sometime of bug( thinking fleas but I have no cats or dogs just an African Grey Parrot). I have looked on the internet and cannot find anything on it. I attached photo's of the top of it and underneath. I hope you can help me.
Thank you

Answer

Chrissy:

Thank you for including the images.

If this is an insect at all, then it is only part of an insect and I cannot make out what it is.  I am more inclined to think it is a seed from a weed.

Aside, you should never fog or use any kind of insecticide without knowing *exactly* what you are trying to get rid of.  Often there is no need for any kind of intervention at all, let alone using pesticides.  More harm could come to your pets from residual chemicals than from the insects or mites.

I hope you have no further problems.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton