Entomology (Study of Bugs)/what in the world?

horned bug
horned bug  
I found this outside where I work. I live in North Carolina. can you identify this place

Your image is cut off, so I can't see the front end of the insect.  So, all I can tell you is that it is some kind of fishfly or dobsonfly in the family Corydalidae:

You can click on the "browse" tab in the above link to get images arranged by genus.  Click the genus name to get species images....

The adults of these insects are often attracted to lights at night, and may remain in the vicinity come daybreak.  They are aquatic in the larval stage, usually in swift-flowing streams or rivers.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.