Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Hairy Crazy Ants

Question
My daughter and her family live in a second floor apartment in Largo, Florida. They had a sugar ant problem for a while, she used Terro ant killer and that got rid of them. Recently, she started seeing tiny ant again, used the Terro ant killer and it didn't affect them. They have a 3 month old baby and 2 cats. What can they do or use to exterminate those crazy ants? I've read about them and all I've learned is that they're unkillable?

Answer
Kathy,

Granular and liquid baits are very effective against this ant. Be sure to use fine granular baits since these ants are fairly small. MaxForce with either hydramethylnon or fipronil should be effective as well as some of the other liquid or paste baits. See http://www.livingwithbugs.com/ant_control.html for a list of these baits. Keep in mind that if the nests are large it can take weeks-months for complete control. Post a follow up if you have questions.

Jack DeAngelis  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis