Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Weird bug in my room

I found this tiny bug in my room, I've seen them before, they seem generally harmless, more afraid then anything. And they are really really fast. Surprised I caught this little guy. I thought I had a picture, guess it got deleted, so I'll try to explain with it looked like, it was really tiny, smaller then a coin, was long, had some antennae, had probably 6 little legs, and moved really fast, also looked kinda metal and shiny in the light, almost like a fish. I'm not sure, I'll have to try to get another picture.

You don't indicate where on the planet you are, but it sounds like you are describing a silverfish, or something related:

They are generally a nuisance, but can be a pest in libraries since they like to eat starchy materials like the dried paste in bookbindings.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.