Entomology (Study of Bugs)/3 question interview about the Brazilian Wandering Spider

Hi, I have 3 questions pertaining to the Brazilian Wandering Spider. I am putting these interview questions into a school assignment.  I just ask that you answer the questions to the best of your knowledge.

1. On a scale of 1 to 10 how dangerous would you rate the Brazilian Wandering Spider?

2.If you had the choice to be put in a room with a Brazilian Wandering spider or a black widow, which would you choose? Give a brief summary of why you pick that spider.

3. Do you think of the Brazilian Wandering Spider as a horrific creature that only brings negative outcomes. Or do you see any beauty in the creature, and positive out comes to its existence?

Thank you for your time I am looking forward to reading your responses.

Hello Whitney.
interesting questions
1. Using a scale to rate spiders depends upon comparing spiders. If I gave rated as spiders as 1 I would rate the wandering spiders as a 7 or 8. Although their venom is considered the most toxic the Funnel web spiders are of Australia would receive a 10. They can deliver more venom and their fangs can penetrate fingernails
2. I would not make this distinction. If you question involved which one I would least likely to bite me it would not make much of a  difference . Both have a Neurotic and it would depend upon the amount I received. If I had to make a choice I suppose a Widow bite  would be the least dangerous.
# I am a biologist and have been for over 60 years. The words "horrific creatures " are not a part of my vocabulary. I do not play God when it comes to living things. All living things occupy a niche. I find beauty in all living things, especially insects and spiders. Nature is what it is. It cannot be otherwise.
 Good luck with your assignment. If i can be of further assistance just ask.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ