Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bug

Question
"Moving" Shell
"Moving" Shell  

"Live" shell
"Live" shell  
Moved to a new wooden house in the western suburbs of Sydney nsw australia. I noticed these little things hanging the ceiling in the bedrooms "like a bat". Looks like a shell, a rice grain but flat. Does not look alive. This was end of August 2014.
I just vaccummed them.
Few days after, I found one in my bathroom towel.
And one was "climbing" the wall towards the ceiling in the bathroom.
This is when I realised it is moving.
The day after I had one on my pillow.
And today, the 1st of October, one was in the bathroom sink, and a little and very thin "worm" was coming out of the shell. I have attached 2 pictures. Let me know if you require more info or photos.

Answer
Hi, Pascale:

Even though you are writing from Australia, I believe the organism in question is found almost globally.  Thank you for including the images with your question, by the way.

I am pretty sure these are the "Household Casebearer," a type of moth caterpillar.  More about them here:

http://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/urban/occas/household_casebearer.htm

The species was formerly known as the "Plaster Bagworm."  Apparently they feed mostly on abandoned spider webs, so as scavengers they are at most a nuisance, not a real pest.

Hope this helps!  It is certainly a member of the same family as the Household Casebearer, if it is not that exact species.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton