Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Dead cockroach

Question
I killed a cockroach in my room. It released a very... Unpleasant smell. I read in a variety of places that the smell is a pheromone that attracts other roaches. I also read that the same smell repels insects as it is a 'death scent'.  I would like to know which of the two of them is true and if there is a way to get rid of the smell.

Answer
 Hello Christian
All insect activities are controlled by pheromones. We cannot detect these pheromones nor smell them. The smell you experienced must have come from the decay of the insect. Surely the smell must be gone by now.
I am unaware of any "death scents" although some pheromones are repellants

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz