Entomology (Study of Bugs)/found in house

Question
not sure
not sure  
what type of spider is this ?  san pablo california

Answer
Hello Orane,

Thanks for the very clear photo. It looks to me like a wolf spider. You can verify my identification by looking at the arrangement of the spider's eyes. There should be three rows of eyes: one with 4 small eyes, a middle row with 2 large eyes, and a top row with 2 smaller eyes. See: https://www.flickr.com/photos/8506937@N05/4682587135/

Wolf spiders are common in CA. They are hunters who live in the ground, but sometimes come inside buildings when the weather starts getting cooler in the fall. They are not dangerous to humans, but can deliver a painful bite if they feel threatened, so I would recommend that you don't handle them with your bare hands.

Best,
Jessica

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jessica Mellinger