Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Found a huge insect in my bedroom

Insect - in my room
Insect - in my room  

Same insect
Same insect  
Hi! I was hoping if you could help me identify an insect I saw in my room tonight and how to get rid of it? And is it dangerous? I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada; I saw it today at 12:30 am; it looks like it's at least 1 inch long; it was pretty hot in my room that day cause I forgot to close the heating (around 24celcius) but usually it's more like 19celcius inside these days; rainy this week, a few days were warmer outside around 22celsius but now its back to around 15celcius outside... I attached a picture for you

Thank you soooo much I live alone and I'm freaking out. Helpless lady here...

Thank you for including the images with your question.  Please relax now.

The insect is a Western Conifer Seed Bug, Leptoglossus occidentalis .  Despite the name, it is found throughout the northern half of North America.  Here are a couple of blog posts I wrote about it:

These bugs are frequently mistaken for "kissing bugs" or other kinds of assassin bugs, but Western Conifer Seed Bug is totally harmless.  They are looking for shelter for the winter right now, and often turn up indoors.

Take care, enjoy the upcoming holidays :-)

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.