Entomology (Study of Bugs)/slow small bug on bedsheet

Question
unknown bug
unknown bug  
I live in NY and was replacing my bed sheet for a cleaner one and then I found this bug on it close to a corner....should I be worried?

It was very slow and didn't move too much from where I found it

Answer
Dear Sharon - This appears to be a larva of a carpet beetle (Coleoptera: Dermestidae) in the genus Anthrenus. This genus includes several pest species, including the varied carpet beetle, Anthrenus verbasci. These larvae will feed on a very wide variety of organic materials besides woolen and silk fabrics, including accumulations f dead insects such as may be found in light fixtures and behind baseboards. The adult beetles are harmless pollen feeders that often gain entry to homes by hitchhiking on flowers. See http://tinyurl.com/yun78p for detailed information on control of carpet beeles.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad