Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Spider Indentification

This spider was seen in my backyard in Lecanto, Florida, October 2, 2014, at 8:21 a.m. It's about 3/4" and looks like a crab, but it's not like the crab spiders I usually see. For whatever reason, I can't figure out how to upload pictures from my new phone, so here's the url to the picture on my facebook.

Hi, Linda:

I was surprised the link you included worked, even though I was not logged into Facebook....

Nice image of a "Triangulate Orbweaver," Verrucosa arenata .  This is a common orbweaver in forests of eastern North America.  What is peculiar is that it rests in the web head UP.  Virtually all other orb weavers rest head down.  Here's more:

Thank you for sharing your find, Linda!

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.