Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bug in hair

Question
I was playing golf two weeks ago and while riding in the golf cart hit a limb of a tree.  After hitting the limb a bunch of small,very small, black bugs were on my sweatshirt. Head started itching the next day. Over the next two weeks I've had my head checked, thinking it was lice or dry scalp.  Finally, we found a small little bug with what looks like a tail or an antennae. Smaller than the size of the comma, maybe the period.  There are no eggs on the shaft of my hair, just these little critters.  Washing my hair is ineffective and I am at a loss as to what to do to rid myself of these little parasites. They itch like crazy!

Answer
Kim:

I'm sorry, but without seeing at least a clear image of the insects in question, or better yet an actual specimen, I cannot possibly make an accurate identification.

I don't know of any human parasites that live on trees, so I am pretty certain you have nothing to worry about health-wise.

You have my best and sincerest wishes for a swift end to your dilemma.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton