Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Identification Tiny white bugs

Question
crumblike white
crumblike white  

threadlooking jumper
threadlooking jumper  
I live in IL and I have recently noticed itchy biting feelings on y couch area.   As I look around I notice little tiny white flakes looking like thread.  I also have notice several white slightly larger ones that look more like a tiny white bug (small crumb look).  The string looking one jumps and neither of them appear to move.   they are tiny but here are pictures.    you see the jumping string looking one on the key board.  The crumb one is on a counter in the picture..it seems to glow. What are these and how can I rid my home of them.    Thank you!

Answer
Hi Jason:

These are not insects at all.  They are small fibers and bits of cloth that are moving from the effects of static electricity caused by dry winter air.  Dry winter air also can cause your skin to dry out and generates sensations of itching and biting.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Nathan Riggs